Saturday 15 December 2007

Root Shoot and Marry - The Balloon Game version


As this is a party, and it's Christmas, we need to play a drinking game. I pinched the Root Shoot and Marry game from my antipodean blogging friend Bec at Becandcall before, and she's kindly letting me use it again. However, this time there's a slight twist.

Given that I write romantic fiction I thought I'd have a heroes and heroines RSM, except that, of course I have FAR TOO MANY HEROES. So I couldn't choose three.

I hereby introduce to you Root Shoot and Marry (or Wed, Bed and Dead if you prefer) - The Balloon Game Version.


Below you will see pictured five of my top heroes, plus their leading ladies.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to decide which three heroes and which three heroines get to stay in the balloon. Then you can get on with the rootin' shootin' business.


Well of course... I had to start with the good Doctor...




Followed in no particular order by very yummy Clive Owen doing his Arthur bit.




And no self respecting female romantic worth her salt could fail to include the glorious superior and utterly wonderful Mr Johnny Depp in her list of top totty.


And Daniel Craig makes it here, thanks to "that" shower scene in James Bond. Though I have to fess up and say dammit he's gorgeous, but not especially photogenic. I was hard pushed to get a decent pic I can tell you.



And last but by no means least, the only good thing in the execrable Robin Hood - the fabulous, the smouldering, the wonderfully sexy Mr Richard Armitage. (Down girl, down!)






And for the gentleman we have, of course, the best Doctor's Assitant, ever, Rose Tyler aka Billie Piper. I'm sorry boys, I couldn't find a picture of her as Belle du Jour...



Nor for that matter could I find one of Keira dressed in blue and very little else as the most feisty Guinevere I've ever come across. Makes a change from all that pratting about with Lancelot anyway.


By rights she's in the wrong film, but hey, she was Johnny's leading lady in Edward Scissorhands, and jolly fine she was too, which is how Winona makes it into the heroines list. (Hopefully without a big bag of goodies snaffled from an American department store).





And as Mrs Coulter to Daniel Craig's Lord Asrael (I haven't seen it yet so please don't disappoint me and tell me it's crap), Nicole Kidman also makes the grade.




And finally - she's only here cos Guy of Gisborne fancies her - you've got Marian. They've dropped the Maid presumably because she's spent time shacked up with Robin in Sherwood Forest. Personally, I think she has pouty lips and I cannot imagine what she sees in wet old Robin when she could have Guy any day of the week (although on Saturday she did look as though she might be coming to her senses), but it takes all sorts, I suppose.


So that's your lot. Who will you save? Who will you lose? And more importantly which one of these red hot lovers is going to light your fire?






11 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

I would have to swoop in and rescue Richard Armitage. Mine, all mine. Thank you for the gift.


Oh, wait. That's not the game, and I have to vote for two more to save? Hmm. Clive Owen and Daniel Craig. (Not seen TGC yet either, but loved the book.)

Ladies: Billie, Keira and Nicole. (Marian has to be off her trolley. That bit where he said his life would be ashes without her... my DH looked at me, sighed, and said, 'You've got your romantic novelist face on. You're going to disappear to your office, aren't you?' Er, yes...

Jan Jones said...

I'll have the Doctor, please, since none of my other heroes are here. You have something against blond men?

Jane Henry said...

Kate once you've saved them, you have to choose which you'd root, which you'd shoot and which you'd marry...

Oh and I so agree about Marian. But after this week looks like she's in the business of two timing Robin....

Jan, er nothing against blond men. My husband's one. Doesn't Daniel Craig count?

But I do fess up here that the dark moody ones do it for me every time. I put it down to reading Jane Eyre at a VERY impressionable age!

Virginia Moffatt said...

Well there's no contest is there, David Tennant, David Tennant, David Tennant. Sorry don't do Bond so Daniel Craig has no chance of getting on board, and the others look hmm not that interesting. So DT to Root and Marry (no shooting, I'm a pacifist)

As for the women, well Billie and Nicole are the only ones I have time for (though hubby has a yen for Winona so I suppose I'd better let her on). Not sure about the root shoot and marry bit for them. Hmm. Let's say I think them all interesting particularly Nicole who is the height of cool

That do?

Jane Henry said...

MT you really don't get this game do you.

Jan, my tv watching last night revealed to me that INDEED, I DO have blond heros. Firstly lovely lovely gorgeous Julian Rhind Tutt turned up (albeit only in profile, how frustrating!!) in Oliver Twist last night. I used him though in my last RSM, which was a Green Wing special. The lovely Mr RT also was a very formative influence in the book I have just finished.

And then there is gorgeous gorgeous, drop dead gorgeous Ruperty Penry Jones in Spooks.... I think he'll have to go in a book too, though I'm thinking about Richard Armitage for the current one...

Kate Hardy said...

I think I'd like to play by MT's rules. Which means RT to root and marry, and nobody to shoot :o)

Absolutely with you on dark heroes. Same reason, too!

Jane Henry said...

Right ok. So this is a really hard one for me, as they are all my heroes, so how can I choose between them?

Hmm. However. There are two that cannot possibly go, so Johnny and David, you get to stay in the balloon. But how can I part with Richard, or Daniel, OR Clive?

Oh dear. Whose bloody stupid idea was this. Damn. It was mine.

Right ok. Daniel and Clive, sorry, Richard is just too mad bad and dangerous to know, so you have to go I'm afraid guys.

So now I have a real dilemma. Of these three, who do I root shoot and marry considering that I'd favour the rooting/marrying option with all of them....

Hmm. Let's see.

Root the Doctor. He just isn't your settling down type so I think there's no point even going there.

Shoot Johnny. It doesn't have to be to kill does it? Just because he was such a fine CIA agent in Once Upon a Time in Mexico and despite all the shooting he lived to tell the tale. I don't think I'd be a very good shot anyway, as I'm shortsighted.

Which means marry marry marry Lovely Richard. After what he did for Marian on Saturday I think I'd have given up all that running around in the woods with outlaws nonsense if I were her....

Girls. Now that's much easier. Ditch Keira and Nicole for being good actresses but a bit too annoyingly beautiful for their own good.

Root Winona. Think she's probably not the settling down type, and she is so quirky and neat.

Marry Billie. She IS the settlind down type.

and SHOOT THAT IRRITATING MARIAN. For no other reason that she doesn't appreciate Richard Armitage nearly enough....

Marie said...

I'm not sure why I would rescue a man to take onto a balloon, only in order to shoot him. But OK.

I am taking David Tennant. He is just for me. I will marry him and shoot Billie, just to be safe.

And now I am going to mix and match. I will root both Richard Armitage and Daniel Craig, and then take Nicole and Marian on board *but* I think Nicole makes a better couple with Richard and Marian with Daniel so they will swap.

Just call me cupid...

Jane Henry said...

Thanks, Marie, for putting a diverting and interesting twist to this game!!

Jane Henry said...

Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!!

They've killed drippy Marian off for good. Lord knows how they resolve that one in the next series, but at least we don't have to watch her drippily looking at Jonas instead of throwing herself into Richard's arms anymore...

Pete L said...

Apologies for arriving late to the party but IUwas in NZ over Crimbo and why are there no men here. DT, DG, JD, and Nicole are saved for at least doing a bit of graft before becoming famous. Winona should be married. I'd like Armitage and Owen to root then shoot each other in a smoldering suicide pact. I'd root Piper while wearing a Chris Evans face mask and shoot twice Kneightly for being more wooden than the Black Pearl. Pete G